Coseley Urban District Council built several thousand council houses and flats over a 40-year period from the mid-1920s which changed the face of the area.Most of these were built around Woodcross, Lanesfield, Wallbrook, and Brierley.-lee) is a suburban area in the north of the Dudley Metropolitan Borough, in the English West Midlands.Part of the Black Country, it is situated approximately three miles north of Dudley itself, on the border with Wolverhampton.
In 1867, it joined with Brierley and Ettingshall to break away from the parish of Sedgley and formed Lower Sedgley Local Board District.
In 1966, the south of Coseley became part of the Dudley County Borough, and since 1974, the Metropolitan Borough of Dudley in the West Midlands.
However, the north of the Brierley area and most of Ettingshall were merged into the Wolverhampton County Borough instead, while a smaller area bordering Tipton was transferred into the expanded borough of West Bromwich, in turn becoming part of Sandwell in 1974.
However, the bulk of the factory buildings were retained as Cannon Business Park, a mix of industrial and commercial ventures.
The main "high street" in Coseley is Castle Street.
The Tipton part of the Bean site was demolished shortly afterwards and developed for housing, but the Coseley section was not demolished until the summer of 2008. The former Newey Goodman site, which was divided into industrial units after the company was broken up during the 1990s, was completely abandoned by 2014, but remains undeveloped.