Webdatagrid rowupdating not firing

6854933580_2c8b688306_z

If so, how do you know the control id if it's dynamically created?

I am having the same problem, and it's not a boundfield or template field problem either as I am using both.

NET Forum so that other people can learn from the experience too. -Frinny You may need to turn off validation even if you are not validating anything.

It seems like the Java Script can get mangled otherwise.

Do you have some sort of Java Script functionality that may be stopping it? A common problem people have with Grid Views is understanding when to data bind the data source to the Grid View.

-Frinny Hi all, I seem to be having the same issue but I don't quite follow the trouble with the above post. Can you explain the T/S a little more or maybe point me to another post that may have already covered it? Hi all, I seem to be having the same issue but I don't quite follow the trouble with the above post. Can you explain the T/S a little more or maybe point me to another post that may have already covered it? It's quite common that people create the data source and bind this source to the Grid View in their Page_Load() method.

In the last cell of my gridview I have 2 separate linkbuttons.

I want to further process them using Gridview Onrowcommand event but How would I know which particular link has actually raised the event.

Right now, I have not written code for the Update event. Right now, I have not written code for the Update event. Then the page posts back, the text boxes go back to being labels and the new values are lost, and the Row Updating code never fires.

In my custom grid View control I cannot raise the Row Updated event.

I have tried to add an event handler to the Row Updated event of my custom control but it is not called.

I am using a SQLData Source to populate my gridview in ASP. When I hit Edit, the textboxes appear and I am able to edit my values. I am using a SQLData Source to populate my gridview in ASP. When I hit Edit, the textboxes appear and I am able to edit my values. In the Row Editing function, the edit textboxes appear and I can get the "old" values Then the page renders, I edit the textboxes and hit Update.

When I hit Update, the changes are not saved, and there is no error message. When I hit Update, the changes are not saved, and there is no error message. Then the page posts back, the text boxes go back to being labels and the new values are lost, and the Row Updating code never fires. Yes, I did put the breakpoint at the Row Updating line (and not in the function).

I am using a Template Field to display my Edit, Update and Cancel 'buttons' in the first column of the Grid View within respective Item Template and Edit Item Template fields.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!